Saturday, May 12, 2007

And apparently getting worse.

On Thursday (while traveling Mach .93), I was asked to go to Port St. Lucie, FL next week.

Instead of booking a ticket to West Palm Beach (the closest airport), I'm flying in to Fort Lauderdale, about 45 miles south. This saved $300, and allowed me to get in two hours earlier. The rental car was also $10 cheaper per day from Fort Lauderdale.

So now, my travel schedule for the next two weeks looks like this:

Monday - Fly to Harrisburg, PA and back.
Tuesday - Fly from Columbus to New York City, and then to Fort Lauderdale
Thursday - Fly from Fort Lauderdale to New York City, and then back to Columbus.
Sunday - Fly from Columbus to Dallas, and then to Las Vegas.
Thursday - Fly from Las Vegas to Dallas, and then back to Columbus

And, when I'm in Fort Lauderdale, I'll be doing lots of driving. On my trip to Minneapolis two weeks ago, I put 550 miles on a rental car in two days. Considering that Fort Lauderdale is 109 miles from where I actually need to end up, I would imagine this trip will require significantly more mileage.

I'm going to go plant a tree or something to get over my guilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home