Monday, January 22, 2007

The Gold Standard

I have decided that it's necessary for me to become a Gold passenger on American Airlines. This is somewhat difficult because I can't always fly AA out of Columbus the way I could in St. Louis. But there's a special line that allows you get through security faster, you accumulate miles quicker, etc.

I need to rack up 29 flight segments between now and the end of the year to qualify for Gold status. I will earn 4 segments on Saturday.

Since April is at work all day, I decided to try to find a cheap way to rack up some miles and segments. I did a search for flights within 90 miles of NYC and sorted by fare. The cheapest one was about $120. This flight takes me to Philadelphia (via St. Louis) in the morning and back to Columbus (via Chicago) in the evening.

I'm going to bring along a bunch of magazines.

3 Comments:

Blogger April said...

You are a crazy. And an air junkie. Godspeed, young man.

7:19 PM  
Blogger sarahkate said...

Are you seriously going to fly around the country just to rack up points so you can get upgraded to Super Gold Guy?
I can't decide if you are a lunatic or my new hero. If you tell my husband you are doing this I will have to kill you, because he will think it is an ingenious idea and I'll never see him again.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Xenti said...

I seriously already did.

And now I'm about to blog about it.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home