Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What time is it? Time for awesome!

I have become obsessed with watches. This could be become dangerous.

The primary object of my obsession: the Omega Speedmaster Professional. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but this is the watch they wore on the FUCKING MOON! This picture is model 3570.50, but I may see if I can find a used 3572.50, which has been discontinued, but looks identical save for a display back so I can watch all the gears move. It's a manual-wind, which could be fun.



Second, this is the Tag Heuer Monaco Chronograph. Steve FUCKING McQueen wore this watch in LeMans. That is all.



Third, one of the most iconic watches of the past 50 years: the Rolex Submariner. This thing has barely changed since 1954. And Sean Connery wears one in the early Bond films.



The Hamilton Ventura: the most affordable watch on the list, but also the least practical for day to day wear. Still totally awesome. Quartz movement is somewhat less exciting, however.



Finally, I really like these Bell & Ross Instrument watches. They're totally rad, totally laughably insane, but may ultimately turn out to be a fad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home