Sunday, June 11, 2006

I should have done this in 1989.

I've finally taken the plunge into the world of handheld gaming. I never owned a Game Boy, Lynx, Game Gear, TurboExpress, Neo-Geo Pocket, Wonderswan, GamePark, N-Gage, TapWave, PSP, Gizmondo or GP2X. I even passed on the original DS when it came out. But today I entered the world of tiny fun with the release of the Nintendo DS Lite.

The only reason I'm even typing this now is because my wife is playing it at this exact moment. If she wasn't, I'd be on it, doing my best not to blink, probably pissing and shitting in place so that I wouldn't have to stop playing.

I read some previews a few weeks ago, and was planning to pick one up. I was originally planning on purchasing a PSP, but the reviews weren't as favorable. The DS Lite wasn't available until this morning, but it's smaller, brighter, lighter, and better than the original, so I decided to wait.

I won some money at my company picnic last weekend, so that allowed me to stock up on games as well.

Today I bought:

The DS Lite Console
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes A Day
Big Brain Academy
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Sonic Rush
New Super Mario Brothers
Mario Kart DS
Tetris DS

I've played all the games for a bit, and I'm really excited about them all. But my wife and I have immediately become obsessed with Brain Age and Big Brain Academy. I can easily see us foregoing sleep and hygiene over the coming weeks as a result of these games.

I'm still looking for the new Castlevania game, as well as Meteos and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney .... a game that sounds so stupid that it simply has to be fabulous (in much the same way that Trauma Center is ..... a videogame about performing surgery? Whatever.)

She has to leave for derby practice in a few minutes, and while I'm sad to see her go, it opens up the console for my exclusive use, so I probably won't even notice. She's going to kill me when she reads that.

In any event, I can already tell we're going to have to buy another one.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Yeah, and then you can link them, and kick each other's butt!

That is some hardcore submission, man. Probably a good thing you waiting to succumb. If you started buying them in 1989, you'd now be broke.

Though.... have fun! Game on, dude!

9:30 PM  
Blogger lildira said...

i want you to know that jas and i intend to buy each other one as soon as we "celebrate" our 11th anniversary.

and...i'm so jealous.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home