Thursday, June 15, 2006

Yeesh.

I love loose change. At the end of every day, I take it out of my pocket and put it all in a pile. A couple of times a year, I cash it all in and do something stupid with it. I consider this free bonus money to be spent on items I want, but can't really justify purchasing. No matter the cost, I consider the items purchased with it to be free.

This is made all the easier with those Coinstar machines you'll find at the grocery store. Usually they charge some stupidly high rate for you to change your coins into cash. But, if you opt to use the money at Amazon.com, or iTunes, or some other approved vendors, they'll give you a gift certificate instead, and you can use the full amount of your coins.

Being the cheapskate that I am, I requested an amazon.com gift certificate.

Seeing as how I have loose change at the end of every transaction I make (never do I use the change from a transaction I made just FIVE MINUTES AGO in a new transaction...even if the $.93 I got back would greatly help in my new $2.91 transaction) this act of sheer laziness usually nets me some nice money. Case in point: I was able to buy the Sin City Library, which consists of all seven yarns and an "Art of Sin City" book, all in giant coffee table sizes in two volumes, at amazon.com (which listed for somewhere in the vicinity of $190) for almost no actual money out of my pocket.

Today was the day that they arrived.

When I returned home from work, I gleefully opened the boxes, hoping to peruse their giant, hard-bound splendor. Unfortunately, my Volume II set contained not one, but two copies of Volume Six and, sadly, zero copies of Volume Five.



Heartbroken, I emailed Amazon.com about my sadness. I kid you not, ten minutes later, I've gotten an email that they've already scheduled to send me another set in the mail tomorrow, and they've given me the pre-paid postage to send them my defective copy back after I've had the chance to examine the new set.

Padmavathy and the rest of the crew in New Delhi do a hell of a job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home