Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I remember back when this was all farmland.

That old man Peabody. And his crazy ideas about breeding pine trees.

The company that I work for owns 52% of Puente Hills Mall, in the City of Industry, CA.

Today, I found out that Puente Hills Mall served as both Twin Pines Mall, and Lone Pine Mall, post-Marty McFly getting hit on by his hot mom in the hit 1985 film "Back to the Future."

Needless to say, I am so completely stoked by this tiny bit of radness.

I didn't believe the news at first, so I found a couple of aerial photos that were taken just before we bought the property in December.

Holy crap! Plain as day is the parking field in between Robinson-May and JC Penney where Marty found out if those bastards could do 90, where Doc Brown was shot by Libyan terrorists upset about getting a shoddy bomb casing full of used pinball machine parts, and where Einstein became the world's first time-traveler.

Gone is the JC Penney (replaced by a 24 Hour Fitness), but all the architectural details are still there. I have got to find a way to get out there for some sort of property visit.

Oh Puente Hills Mall, my density has popped me to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

That's great. Gonna have to grab my DVD collection and re-watch after that collection of movie references and quotes.

Well done.

11:32 AM  
Blogger sarahkate said...

Ryan you win ALL the geek awards. Ever.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home